Dan BylengaCivil Litigation and Personal Injury
Dan Bylenga acts as an “Of-Counsel” attorney at Chase Bylenga Hulst. Dan passionately concentrates his practice in the area of general and complex civil and commercial litigation, commercial transactions, insurance defense, and bankruptcy, with an emphasis on business reorganization, creditor’s rights and litigation.
After spending many years at a large firm in downtown Grand Rapids, Dan chose to join the firm of Chase Bylenga Hulst, PLLC in 2013 in an effort to better suit the needs of his clients and work alongside his son, Steve.
With over 35 years of civil litigation experience, Dan has been consistently recognized by his peers as a Super Lawyer for his work in Business Litigation. He is a member of the State Bar of Michigan, where he is a Fellow of the State Bar Foundation, the Grand Rapids Bar Association, where he has served on several committees, including Continuing Legal Education and Minority Recruitment, and the Federal Bar Association of West Michigan. In his spare time, Dan enjoys sailing, alpine skiing, and restoring wooden boats.
- Thomas Cooley Law School, Juris Doctor, Cum Laude (1980)
- DePauw University, Bachelor of Arts (1974)
- Alabama (1981)
- Michigan (1980)
- U.S. District Court for Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- State Bar of Michigan
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association of Western Michigan
- Super Lawyers (2007-2011)